Hepatitis Education Project
The Hepatitis Education Project is committed to improving health of underserved communities disproportionately impacted by viral hepatitis.
Services offered include:
- Free HBV & HCV screening at numerous Seattle sites including health fairs, treatment centers, immigrant and refugee service providers, shelters, and more.
- Support groups for those impacted by viral hepatitis
- Education outreach to Washington prisons and local organizations in viral hepatitis treatment, prevention, and harm reduction.
- Medical Case Management for patients with viral hepatitis
- On Mondays and Fridays we offer walk-in viral hepatitis testing and vaccination as well as medical case management services by appointment.
- On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we offer the above services, as well as our syringe services program that distributes new needles, works, and overdose prevention medication (Naloxone). HEP also hosts the Seattle STEP Clinic, a low barrier medication for opioid use disorder clinic, in collaboration with Country Doctor Community Health Centers and Sound. New STEP patients are accepted until 3:30 PM.
- FREE SERVICES:
- Help signing up for Health Insurance or Medicaid
- Confidential Hepatitis C Testing
- Hepatitis A/B vaccinations (appointment required)
- Low Barrier Buprenorphine Opioid Use Disorder Medications
- Hepatitis Resource Center
- Referrals to other resources and testing centers